Position: Fundraising Officer – Agroforestry
Organisation: European Agroforestry Federation (EURAF)
Start date: Early December 2023
EURAF aims to promote the adoption of agroforestry practices across Europe by supporting efforts to develop awareness, education, research, policy making and investments which foster the use of trees on farms. EURAF has a network of 28 Affiliated Entities in 20 EU countries and 5 outside the EU. Our Mission is to “ensure that there is 10% tree cover on all agricultural land in Europe by 2040”.
We work closely with European institutions, policymakers, and agroforestry stakeholders to drive positive change in the agroforestry sector.
EURAF is seeking a passionate and skilled Fundraising Officer with a strong interest in agroforestry. As a Fundraising Officer, you will play a crucial role in securing funding to support our mission and initiatives. This position offers an excellent opportunity for an energetic professional to make a meaningful impact on the future of agroforestry in Europe. Being recruited for this position does not imply that EURAF would be in a position to offer an employment contract (yet, this may depend on whether funding would be made available).
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Secretary-General of EURAF, who reports to the Board and Executive Committee of the Federation. The activities will be conducted from the office of EURAF in Brussels.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies to secure financial support for EURAF’s projects and activities.
- Act as EURAF’s contact point on project proposals targeting EU funds (e.g. Horizon Europe).
- Prepare grant proposals, applications, and reports, ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with potential donors, including government agencies, foundations, and private partners.
- Collaborate with the EURAF team to align fundraising efforts with the organisation’s objectives.
- Research and stay updated on funding opportunities, grants, and subsidies related to agroforestry.
- Monitor fundraising progress and contribute to financial planning.
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in agroforestry, forestry, agriculture, or a related field. Students with a non-scientific background are also encouraged to apply (e.g. background in Business and Administration). Yet, to be eligible for Erasmus + funds, the candidate should still be a student (ideally a Master’s or PhD).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently.
- Strong knowledge of agroforestry and a passion for its promotion.
- Proven experience in fundraising and grant writing, particularly in the non-profit or environmental sector.
What We Offer:
- A meaningful role within a dynamic team – and a network of around 600 agroforestry enthusiasts!
- Opportunity to shape the future of agroforestry in Europe.
- Professional development and networking opportunities during the Erasmus training period.
How to Apply:
If you are enthusiastic about this opportunity, we invite you to apply! Please send the following documents to humanresources (at) euraf.net :
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- A motivation letter (maximum 1 page)
Please mention “Fundraising Officer – Agroforestry” in the subject line of your email.